Colorado's Tax Storm and Medical Creativity Crisis

Originally published at: https://peakprosperitycom.bigscoots-staging.com/daily-digest/colorados-tax-storm-and-medical-creativity-crisis/

In the realm of economics, a tax proposal in Colorado is stirring up a storm. The proposal, which could see homeowners paying over $390,000 per year in property taxes, is being touted as a potential solution to the state’s revenue woes, brought on by a high office vacancy rate of 17.8% and a declining economy. The focus of the tax proposal has shifted to short-term rentals, causing concern among rental homeowners. While supporters argue that the tax is necessary to address the affordable housing crisis, opponents fear it will lead to higher rental rates and force many short-term rental owners out of business. The potential impact on the housing market is significant, with rising insurance and taxes potentially pricing many people out of the market.

In the medical field, there is a growing concern about a lack of critical thinking and creativity among doctors. The pressure to conform and the consequences of ignoring patient concerns are highlighted, with a call for innovative approaches, particularly for chronic illnesses and vaccine injuries. The hope for change is expressed as more doctors enter alternative fields and patients seek non-conventional treatments.

In international news, Craig Moberly, a former United Nations (UN) official, has resigned after 31 years of service, citing concerns about the UN’s approach to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Moberly criticized the UN’s focus on a two-state solution, which he deemed impossible and inadequate in addressing the human rights violations and inequality faced by the Palestinian people. He argued for a shift towards a one-state solution based on human rights, fighting against apartheid, and ensuring the right of return and compensation for Palestinians.

Meanwhile, the concept of Digital Identity is gaining traction as the gateway to a digital camp, part of the biopolitical paradigm of the West. The implementation of Digital Identity in various countries, such as the China Health Pass and the EU Digital COVID Certificate, is highlighted. The potential for increased surveillance and control is discussed, along with the enforcement of biopolitical requirements by private businesses.

In energy news, a bottleneck caused by a lack of diesel and jet fuel supply is causing concern. The self-organizing economy tends to eliminate non-essential parts when faced with bottlenecks, which could include collapsing governments. The importance of diesel and jet fuel in transportation, agriculture, and electricity generation is highlighted, along with the limitations of green energy.

Public opinion supports a war between Israel and Palestine, with individuals attributing their pro-war stance to the media’s portrayal of the conflict. The role of the media in shaping public opinion and the possibility of manipulation by certain governments to achieve hidden agendas are discussed.

Finally, the concept of the Great Reset, an economic recovery plan developed by the World Economic Forum (WEF) in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, is under scrutiny. The initiative aims to prioritize sustainable development in rebuilding from the global crisis. However, the stakeholder capitalism model promoted by the WEF, which seeks to privatize national assets and reshape governance systems, is criticized. The shift from a juridical to a biopolitical paradigm of governance, where technologies of biopower regulate and control citizens’ lives, is explored. The interdependence of these apparatuses and their potential to fundamentally change the social contract between citizens and the state is highlighted.

Sources

The Great Reset: Biopolitics for Stakeholder Capitalism

The technologies at the heart of the Fourth Industrial Revolution are connected in many ways – in the way they extend digital capabilities; in the way they scale, emerge and embed themselves in our lives; in their combinatorial power; and in their potential to concentrate privilege and challenge existing governance systems.

Source | Submitted by nickythec

Media Manipulation Fuels Support for Israel-Palestine War

Well, I think the reason why I’m so pro-war all of a sudden is because I’ve effectively been manipulated by weaponized morality via the media.

Source | Submitted by aaronmckeon

The World Faces an Energy Bottleneck and Potential Government Collapse

The world’s self-organizing economy tends to squeeze out what may be considered non-essential parts when bottlenecks are hit. Strangely, it appears to me that some central governments may be squeezed out. Countries that are rich enough to have big pension programs for their citizens seem to be especially vulnerable to having their governments collapse.

The Great Reset: Digital Identity as the Gateway to the Biopolitical Camp

The Gateway of Digital Identity

Source | Submitted by nils-grimley

UN Official Resigns, Citing Genocide in Gaza and Failure of International Community

We need to abandon this failed paradigm of the past and we need to start looking at the basic idea what we would insist on in any other situation on the globe if it weren’t for this case of Israeli exceptionalism, which is a democratic, secular state with equal rights for Christians, Muslims, Jews, and others, rooted in international law, rooted in human rights, under the rule of law.

The Failures of the Medical System: Addressing Chronic Illnesses, Emotional Trauma, and the Risks of Reliance on Technology

https://www.midwesterndoctor.com/p/why-wont-doctors-innovate-14f?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=748806&post_id=138497839&utm_campaign=email-post-title&isFreemail=false&r=s3qlo&utm_medium=email

Colorado's Proposed Tax Bill on Short-Term Rentals Sparks Concerns and Potential Impact on Housing Market

The legislation would classify short-term rentals as commercial and therefore institute a higher tax rate on the homeowners, bringing in hundreds of millions in additional revenue for the state each year if passed.

Source | Submitted by geedard

Sources

The technologies at the heart of the Fourth Industrial Revolution are connected in many ways – in the way they extend digital capabilities; in the way they scale, emerge and embed themselves in our lives; in their combinatorial power; and in their potential to concentrate privilege and challenge existing governance systems.

Well, I think the reason why I’m so pro-war all of a sudden is because I’ve effectively been manipulated by weaponized morality via the media.

The world’s self-organizing economy tends to squeeze out what may be considered non-essential parts when bottlenecks are hit. Strangely, it appears to me that some central governments may be squeezed out. Countries that are rich enough to have big pension programs for their citizens seem to be especially vulnerable to having their governments collapse.

UN Official Resigns, Citing Genocide in Gaza and Failure of International Community

We need to abandon this failed paradigm of the past and we need to start looking at the basic idea what we would insist on in any other situation on the globe if it weren’t for this case of Israeli exceptionalism, which is a democratic, secular state with equal rights for Christians, Muslims, Jews, and others, rooted in international law, rooted in human rights, under the rule of law.

The Failures of the Medical System: Addressing Chronic Illnesses, Emotional Trauma, and the Risks of Reliance on Technology

https://www.midwesterndoctor.com/p/why-wont-doctors-innovate-14f?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=748806&post_id=138497839&utm_campaign=email-post-title&isFreemail=false&r=s3qlo&utm_medium=email

Colorado's Proposed Tax Bill on Short-Term Rentals Sparks Concerns and Potential Impact on Housing Market

The legislation would classify short-term rentals as commercial and therefore institute a higher tax rate on the homeowners, bringing in hundreds of millions in additional revenue for the state each year if passed.

Sources

Sources

Sources

Sources