Checking The Fact Checkers

Facebook scrubs content it deems misleading and Twitter does the same. Ditto for all the big social media companies.

Mainstream Media runs a virtual smorgasbord of “fact-checking” outfits. Some, like Reuters and AP, have their own in-house departments. Others are supposedly “independent third party” operations contracted to provide fact-checking and debunking services for social media or the mainstream media outfits.

Once something has been “debunked” or “fact checked” and declared false or misleading, that “evidence” is then used by all the other gatekeepers to declare that information unfit for human consumption and to then ban, shadow ban, or otherwise minimize the reach of that information.

But how much can we trust these fact checkers? Who are they? Do they even have the requisite background or competency to perform their jobs up to a reasonable standard?

The sad truth is that the fact-checkers are often uniquely unqualified especially in the medical field to fact-check anything. Their biases are about the only thing these fact-checkers reliably reveal when they fact-check something.

They also will reliably draw upon “experts” who also are obviously similarly biased or who harbor inexcusably obvious conflicts of interest.

In the case of Facebook, it has set up a wildly confusing array of boards and third-party fact-checkers under their laughably named “transparency center” which, of course, means the exact opposite is what you find there. When you strip away the noise, you cannot find out who actually did the fact-checking for Facebook, why or how they made their determination, or who is paying their bills and salaries.

As is typical of Facebook, being run by a deeply asocial individual, there’s no human element to the operation at all. Its boards, and vague lines of authority and circular reference “explanatory links”, go nowhere except to lead you right back to where you started. Typical Facebook in other words. A waste of your time.

In all, we cannot trust the fact-checkers. They are humans, flaws and all, and most of them completely and totally lack the experience to fact-check the items they are checking.

The fact-checking cottage industry is hopefully at its zenith. If you watch this series perhaps you will come away with the same impression I have; the fact-checkers are literally a complete waste of their and our time.

Or, perhaps positively speaking, it may well be that they play an important role as a counter-signal; whatever they say the opposite is closer to the truth.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/are-they-really-checking-the-facts/

Fact Checkers Did Not Exist…

Until the truth started coming out. The more correct job title should be truth blockers.

13 Likes

Exactly !

Invite

Hi Chris,
Have you ever tried to invite one of those people to have an open conversation with? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. But remember Steve Kirsch has offered a million dollars to such clowns to get them to debate him. They won’t bite. They know that they would be embarrassed.
I am sure the “fact-checkers” would never show their faces either.
However, if Chris invited them and the refused or ignored the request, he could publicize that fact just like Kirsch does regularly.

9 Likes

Great Expose

Good insights. As a Brit, I agree that the BBC is a big part of the problem, and one of the worst offenders - I would put them far left and very woke, Their recent “documentary” Unvaccinated is a case in point, as critiqued here by Prof. Norman Fenton Probability and Risk: A critique of the BBC2 documentary “Unvaccinated”

5 Likes

BBC and NPR are virtually the same to me in terms of overt and obvious propaganda.
Where I would differentiate them is the BBC seems to have firmer ties to MI6 and plays a bit more bare-knuckled hardball whereas NPR mainly seems staffed up with simpy true believers.
But otherwise left, woke, and mostly misleading.

9 Likes

Ben Vs The Usa Today | Sun & Geomagnetism

“Fact checker” = A person who has an opinion and uses establishment media to delegitimize other opinions.

7 Likes

I Just Got Censored Again…by Linkedin

My linkedIn account was suspended. When queried as to why, they came back with this:
https://peakprosperity.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/LinkedIn-Censoring-1660149481.9219-800x1207.jpg
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
LOL
I may “appeal” this by agreeing to comply.
In point of fact, everything posted there by me is 100% factual and backed up by official data sources.
LinkedIn is 100% part of the problem and they deserve to go out of business. I now have nothing but enmity for that crappy organization and everything it stands for.

12 Likes

First, LinkedIn was always garbage. Before I retired, I was semi-compelled to join. In most cases it is just a place where people are forced to “network” hoping to drum up business. I think that a lot of its members are people (like myself) who didn’t want to be on it in the first place. That is their “membership.”
Second, it may be that you are being targeted more and more since more and more people are listening to you. Take it as a compliment as to the effectiveness of your discourse.
Third, censorship is profoundly unAmerican. This means that LinkedIn, Google, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are all profoundly unAmerican.
Fourth, something has to be done. Censorship is not just morally wrong, it is corrosively destructive of society by eliminating discourse and feedback. It benefits only out-of-touch incompetents by insulating them from facing the anger of those damaged by their incompetence. That does not prevent a day of reckoning, it only delays it until things become explosive.

11 Likes

2020 White House Letter

So who wrote that letter in 2020 from the White House wanting help in combating “information designed to sow division”?

2 Likes

Just Censored

I thought it would be fun to see what happened if I posted this video on facebook. When I did, it was taken down with no reason given. So I tried again and it would not even post. Must have been “fact checked”, LOL.

4 Likes

So, Will The Fed Claim 1.9% Inflation In 11 More Months?

• If inflation is 8.5%, the FED has achieved its under 2% inflation goal!
  • Let's see, inflation is now annualized at 8.5%. Last month it was annualized at 9.1%.
  • So, what was the rate for the single month to bring the weighted average of 12 months of 9.1% down to a weighted average of 8.5% in only one month?
  • We can discover this with a simple calculation ... maybe not exact but good enough.
  • Last month was 9.1% .... That is an average of 0.091/12 per month = 0.00758333 on the average for each of the last 12 months.
  • So, an additional month using that number for 11 of the most recent months would be: (0.091/12)*11 + X = .085 ... X = .085-(.091/12)*11 ... X = 0.00158333 ... or ... 0.158 % for the month.
  • We can annualize that monthly number and see what inflation will be in 11 more months at that rate if we have the same inflation for the next 11 months as was reported for July
  • ... That is 12*0.00158333 = 0.019. That is 1.9%.
  • So, if you believe the CPI numbers for July, then you must also believe that the Fed has achieved its goal of under 2% inflation. Because applying our running rate from July for the next 11 months based on the past 1 month is 1.9%!
  • And if you believe that, I know where you can get some ocean front property in Arizona.
2 Likes

But It, But On The Money On Censorship

I just learned about wiki leaks and it sounds insane exactly like those half baked journalists checking your videos.

2 Likes

i’m sorry. did you say you just learned about wikileaks?

5 Likes

Bertrand Russell

In future such failures are not likely to occur where there is dictatorship. Diet, injections, and injunctions will combine, from a very early age, to produce the sort of character and the sort of beliefs that the authorities consider desirable, and any serious criticism of the powers that be will become psychologically impossible. Even if all are miserable, all will believe themselves happy, because the government will tell them that they are so.”

11 Likes

Me Too

i was in a mask discussion on fb 2 days ago. a place i go was instituting a mask policy due to the increase in covid cases, based on cdc guidelines. lol
there are communal kitchens that hold 15+ people at a time . the guidleines are that you don’t have to wear a mask while eating 30-60 minutes. now whether you think masks work or not is irrelevant. if you are not wearing a mask around people for that length of time the rule is pure idiocy.
one of my posts was blocked by fb. it went against community standards. reason? it had an online definitiion of science. yep one of the participants was defnding the cdc and i simply wished to point out that there was little to no science at the cdc. blocked.

2 Likes

The 16 min video here featuring Industrial hygenist and engineer Steven Petty simply demolishes the mask arguments, once and for all. At least in a healthy society.

Stephen Petty:

1. Certified industrial hygienist;
  2. Certified safety professional;
  3. Professional engineer;
  4. 45 years in the field of health and safety, trying to protect workers and the public from toxins;
  5. Named/testified in over 400 legal cases related to exposure control and personal protective equipment (PPE)
8 Likes

I assume I am toxic waste to Fb by this time. That’s okay, I feel the same in reverse.

10 Likes

I happen to be in the market for ocean-front property in Arizona.

2 Likes